The 2015 conference in St. Louis was amazing! The National Conference Planning Committee outdid itself on the classes, meals, river boat cruise and – holy cow – the Tail Gate Party rocked! [Check out the photos on the Administrative Personnel Association Face Book page).
Highlights of the meetings at the conference –
- René Baker, Mid-Atlantic Region, was installed as National Secretary.
- Rose Miller, Rocky Mountain Region, was installed as National Treasurer.
- Deborah Heatwole, Northeast Region, was installed as secretary of the region.
- The Certification Council has created areas of specialization, so that once you have completed Level III, you may seek accreditation in six areas. The Council is planning to have this in effect for the 2016 National Conference.
Administration and Facilities Management
- The name of the Certification Council has been changed to the Council on Accreditation and Standards. The regional chairs will still be called Certification Chairs.
- The Membership Council has contacted every Life Member and Retired Member in order to keep their information up-do-date, to determine if they wanted to remain on the APA membership list, and to determine if they would like to participate in APA activities.
- The Executive Committee spent many hours discerning the proposed changes from the Bylaws Committee. The Bylaws will be posted to the website before September 30.
Next year, the national conference will be from October 6 – 9, 2016 at the Circus Circus in Las Vegas, NV. Keep checking the website pcusa-apa.org for more information.